Usually held on the last Friday of each school term, the final Eat With Your Family Day for 2022 is coming up this Friday, November 18!
Read on for suggestions on how you can spend time with your family over a meal and more!
Table topics during your meal together
- If you had this week to do over again, what would you do differently?
- If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
- What two things do you consider yourself to be very good at?
- Tell me about something that made you happy this week.
- Would you rather travel back in time or travel into the future?
- If you had a thousand dollars to help someone, what would you do?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
- What is your favourite family tradition?
- Who is someone you really admire (outside of this family)?
- What made you smile recently?
If connecting heart to heart with your family members is awkward and unnatural, why not try doing one of these activities together instead?
Ideas for family activities
- Brainstorm recipe ideas and cook a meal together
- Head out for a picnic
- Go for a nature walk
- Do a large jigsaw puzzle
- Create a family artwork
- Play games (aside from the suggestions below, you can request for a set of the “Knowing Me Knowing You” card game here!)
Mobile games to enjoy with your family
- Words With Friends
- Drawful 2
- Heads Up!
- Jenga AR
- Among Us
Not eating with your family this Friday? Feel free to use these ideas any time!
Don’t despise small beginnings. Starting somewhere is a good first step — God can grow that little seed over time when you seek to honour Him in your family.
The upcoming year-end season is always a time for family gatherings, so grab this opportunity to go beyond sharing food and share what’s been going on in your life!
Many of these ideas were first published on Centre for Fathering and have been republished with permission.